Job Title: OTR Driver
Description: Responsible for transporting goods from one place to another using a tractor-trailer truck. Operates trucks with a capacity of at least 26,001 pounds per gross vehicle weight.
- Deliver goods while operating a tractor-trailer truck, sometimes over intercity routes or spanning several states.
- Back into docks when necessary.
- Record amount and type of cargo being delivered.
- Drive long distances.
- Fill up on fuel, clean truck, and wash windows.
- Report to a dispatcher any incidents encountered on the road.
- Monitor road conditions and watch for traffic congestion.
- Follow all applicable traffic and FMCSR laws.
- Inspect trailer before and after the trip, and record any defects found.
- Follow accident procedures if an accident occurs.
- Keep an electronic log of activities and trip information.
- Report serious mechanical problems to the appropriate personnel.
- Keep truck, and associated equipment, clean and in good working order.
- Plan routes using maps or satellite tracking.
- Get goods to client on time.
- Take proper rest periods during trip.
- Take special precautions while driving.
- Valid Class A CDL
- At least 5 years over-the-road truck driving experience
- High School Diploma or GED
- Must be safety-conscious at all times
Number of openings: 2
To Request an Application – Click Here